Please Read These Rental Terms and Conditions Carefully before you book:
Payment for your stay indicates your having supplied truthful information, your acceptance
of these terms and conditions, and your intention to abide by these policies as rental conditions.
1. Should Travelers violate any term of this agreement, the rental period will be terminated immediately. Travelers will vacate the premises at check-out time and waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate upon rental termination. Travelers acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy and they do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
2. Travelers shall maintain the premises in a good clean condition and use the premises only in a lawful manner, not bringing animals, illegal drugs, or firearms on the premises. Travelers agree to pay for any damages beyond normal wear and tear.
3. Be advised that two gentle, low dander Siamese cats lives in the main house. Pets have not been in our cozy cottage. If you are allergic or believe a 6 pound cat presents a problem, please immediately cancel your reservation. If you arrive and then announce our pet is a problem, you won’t receive a refund under any circumstances, because we could have rented your room to others. Advance notice of cats in the main house is the purpose of this disclosure. You further agree not to leave an online review saying the cat was a problem. You have 24 hours after your booking to cancel because of our pets, after which time our regular cancellation policy, described in Item 7 herein, shall apply.
4. This a smoke and vapor free home and yard. DO NOT BRING A SMOKER HERE, not even a smoker who thinks he can smoke off site. If you have a smoker, please cancel your reservation NOW. Cigarette odor on clothes, hair, furniture, etc., ruins the room and we have to cancel the next reservation and go to expensive and time consuming lengths to detox and steam clean the carpet and furniture - all to prevent complaints and bad reviews. This can cost us up to $1,500 in lost revenue and cleaning costs. If we detect smoke odor, you will be told to leave immediately. There will be no refund.
5. Be advised that our historic home, though recently beautifully renovated and modernized, was constructed before modern plumbing. While each guest room has a private bath, some have a shower/tub combination, some are shower only, and some are big bubble bath soaking tub only. For relaxing tub baths, we provide a big water pitcher for rinsing shampoo, although there is a large overhanging spigot. If one of our bath types in our historic home is so unacceptable that you feel your vacation will be ruined, please contact us immediately to request a specific bath, or if unavailable, to cancel your stay. Advance notice of our bath variety is a purpose of this disclosure. If you arrive and then declare your bath’s plumbing unacceptable, you will not receive a refund because we could have rented your room to others.
6. The Traveler and his guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Host, the Host’s rental agent, and the Homeowner against any and all claims for any reason including but not limited to personal injury, property damage, theft, or loss on the premises or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Travelers expressly recognize that any insurance for accidents, property damage or loss which the Host/Landlord, rental agent, or homeowner may maintain on the property does not cover the accidents, injury, or personal property of Travelers or their guests.
7. Cancellation Policy: Our cancellation policies take precedence over those of Expedia, Bed&Breakfast.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, or any other commissioned websites promoting their policies and not those of small innkeepers like us. Booking a room at a B&B is not the same as making a hotel reservation. We are very small; cancellations affect us significantly. A last minute cancellation means little chance of re-booking a room. For this reason we request at least 2 weeks notice. If you book through our website, www.22Charlotte.com, we will refund a 50% refund up to two weeks prior to arrival, after which there will be no refund. Travelers may utilize the 50% we retain by rescheduling their visit, subject to our having the room available. If it is not available, travelers may pay the difference to upgrade to a different room if it is available. Current rates will apply to the rescheduled date. IF HOWEVER, you have booked at a non-refundable rate through Booking.com, Expedia or its affiliates too numerous to list, then you will not receive a refund or be allowed to reschedule your stay. There shall be no refunds because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies, bad weather, acts of God, whims,
or other factors or reasons.
8. Compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) is not possible for our facility because we are in a historic home that cannot be altered to meet ADA requirements. Additionally, under the ADA's Standards, small bed and breakfast facilities such as ours, occupied by the proprietor, are not required to meet accessibility requirements.
9. Travelers agree to pay all reasonable expenses and attorney’s fees spent or incurred by the Host enforcing this agreement.
10. Travelers shall lock exterior doors each time they enter or leave. Travelers shall not sit on porch railings.
11. Valuables will be held and reasonable effort made to contact the owner for return via packing/postage paid by the owner to Quik Mail. The Host is not liable for item condition. After six months unclaimed items shall be disposed.
12. DirecTV and wifi are provided. No refunds are given for outages or disruptions beyond the Host’s control.
13. Due to limited space and liability concerns, we do not provide parking before guest tenancy begins at 4pm. When 4pm check-ins begin, guests may park in our rear driveway by entering from Alexander Street. Pull forward tightly left or right according to the posted sign so others may park beside and behind. Don't park in the middle and take all four spaces. If you block another car, please leave us your keys before you depart so we can let others out, then re-park your car. Don’t leave valuables in your car. For street parking in our decal only neighborhood, be advised the City issues a $25 tickets after the first hour, plus $25 tickets often thereafter, 24/7.
22 Charlotte in Charleston, SC